Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A blog for Partita Soft Synth

If you're interested in musical creation with computer and are found of Linux operating system you probably have sometimes heard about ZynAddSubFX, a software created seven years ago by Paul Nasca. I do like this soft, even if I hadn't, till recently, a lot of time to use it extensively. It has an amazing power to create complex and lively sounds. However, its interface is somewhat clumsy, even if Paul has made many efforts to give its user the maximum of possibilities. As now I've plenty of time to practice musical composition (having stopped my professional activities this year !) I decided to create the GUI for ZynAddSubFX I had in mind, to use Paul's software easier and with more pleasure.

As I think other musicians could be interested by this new GUI, I'll be proud to give back to the community the result of my work, as I did with previous open source software I developed. Not to introduce some confusion about the original soft, I named my modified version of ZynAddSubFX Partita (well... you probably guess who is one of my favorite composers now).

So, it will soon be downloadable and all you will have to do to use it is to compile it on your computer. But in the mean time, I post some snapshots to give you an idea of its look.

And remember, it's only the front-end, the engine inside is entirely the great work of Paul Nasca and the developers that, now, help him to continue this wonderful project.

MASTER WINDOW

VIRTUAL KEYBOARD

PART EDITING


BANKS

PADSYNTH

HARMONICS

SYSTEM EFFECTS



Credits

No comments:

Post a Comment